“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Thursday, August 12, 2004

Porter Goss "Solid Choice"

Today's Amarillo Globe News did it's standard knee jerk fawning over Shrub's appointment of Republican political hack Porter Goss's appointment to head the CIA.

The AGN even called him a "Solid Choice". Is he?

Well . . . not according to Goss himself!

You see, he told Michael Moore's documentary crew in a TAPED interview, "
I couldn't get a job with CIA today. I am not qualified." MORE HERE

And can Porter work, "
To fix the CIA, to streamline its apparatus, to make it better able to communicate vital national security threats quickly and thoroughly to those who need to know about it." as the AGN says breathlessly?

During Goss's tenure as head of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, Goss shredded any last iota of oversight by the committee, and turned it into a cheerleader for the CIA. Goss virtually pulled HPSCI out of the oversight business, repeatedly saying that he sees the committee’s role as a partner with the U.S. intelligence community, not as its overseer and watchdog. MORE GOOD DETAILS HERE

I know I will be writing to ask the AGN, if they could do just an eensie, teensie bit 'o' research, before drinking the koool-aid. It's called JOURNALISM.

Want to write with me? CLICK HERE!

-Prodigal Son