“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Saturday, December 31, 2005

peace on earth, goodwill to men

In an extraordinary act of contrition and holiday season goodwill, Virgil Van KKKamp's column of Friday the 30th says Islam is

the greatest[!]

Okay, actually he says the religion is
the greatest threat to civilization and our way of life since Hitler, Mao and Stalin
but, hey, it's a start, right? Virgil also brags that his church had two services on Christmas Day. Virgil and I actually go to the same church, but we won't the day Virgil's hate becomes church doctrine. And not to nitpick, but our church only had one service on Christmas Day, so I'm guessing that Virgil was the same place I was on Christmas morning: home with family. Which is just one of many reasons I didn't join the throngs harassing churches for cancelling Christmas morning services. In a word, hypocrisy. Not theirs; mine.

A little below Virgil's letter, Lance McCown seems to suggest that "Islamoloonies" be hanged.

Glad to see things are back to normal after the holiday season. Nothing left but to name Virgil & Lance Amarillo Globe-Republican Man and Other Man of the Year and call 2005 a wrap.

SPACEDARK