“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Dear Ghostly Voice of the Globe-Republican,


The Ghostly Voice

I was impressed with this morning's editorial regarding the Foley scandal. You pretty much took Foley and the Congressional leadership to the proverbial wood shed. I was impressed until I read this, that is:

This type of memory loss reminds us of former President Clinton's forgetfulness regarding his draft notice during the Vietnam War.
Oh, did it now? The GOP's covering up the actions of a pedophile made you think of that? I realize your bosses at Morris Communications have probably made criticizing Clinton one of your job requirements, but of all the things you could have chosen, you chose draft dodging? With all the GOP chickenhawks currently running ruining our country? I was expecting a snide remark about Monica Lewinsky, but maybe that was too obvious.

Congratulations on screwing up what would have otherwise been a perfectly respectable editorial.