“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

We Have Overcome

History. And we were a part of it. Not just observers.

Colorado? Obama.

New Mexico. Obama?

Virginia . . . OBAMA!

Surreal . . . amazing. Yes we can? Yes, We DID!

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep. We may not get there in one year or even one term, but America -- I have never been more hopeful than I am tonight that we will get there. I promise you -- we as a people will get there," -President-Elect BARACK OBAMA 11/4/2008



This country is closer to it's fundamental ideals than ever before. Tears were streaming down my face watching Obama's speech, and I thought about my kids curled up asleep upstairs, and what Obama and WE have proven. That if a black kid living in poverty in Chicago with a Muslim name in a single-parent home can bust his rear-end to get through school and reach the highest office in the land, what can my children achieve? What can our country achieve?

The top .5%'ers and wealthy republicans have just had the unthinkable happen. Someone who was not from a rich, well connected, blue-blood family is headed to the white house. HA!HA! Get it . . . the WHITE HOUSE . . . anyhoo. . .

Let's celebrate. Celebrate all that is great with America, and what we can look forward to. Obama is our next President, but WE THE PEOPLE elected HIM.

A quick wishlist . . .

1. Our brothers and sisters in Iraq? Time to come home. To rest. To heal and be uplifted.
2. THREE supreme court judge pix.
3. Joe Lieberman? Pack up your shit and take it down to Human Resources.
4. Renewable energy
5. Stem cell research
6. EVOLUTION is not a theory anymore
7. GLOBAL WARMING is not a theory anymore
8. Infrastructure! Infrastructure!
9. DOJ back to normal.
10. Cheney/Rummy/Wolfie/Condi . . . in jail. (Won't happen, I'm WISHING DAMMIT!)

What would you add?

-Prodigal Son