“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Still All Heart!

Well, our congressional repubs are still at it! Not only did they refuse to ratify the Convention on the Rights of Persons With Disabilities (that made no changes in American law and is almost a rubber stamp of our American With Disabilities Act) but now these same kind, warmhearted, sympathetic folks decided to not renew the Violence Against Women Act of 1994 and evidently approve of violence against gay men and lesbians, violence against immigrants and violence against American Indians living on reservations. Too, because the repubs chose not to renew, I guess they're okay with violence toward all women! What can I say?!

The Liberalator