“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Free Tickets!

Isn't it nice that our congress critter 4 price sees nothing wrong with accepting free football tickets to Texas University football games? He said he took them so  he could get to "know the school." After all he said it is a "common practice" amongst Texas legislators." I wonder if he sat down in the bleachers where he would come in contact and "get to know"  the student body or in a glass enclosed $1000 suite with buffet, beverages, and wait service?

I worked for a state agency for twenty years and a basic rule was that the staff was to accept nothing, even as inconsequential as a stick of gum from a constituent. Obviously our upstanding legislators have a different standard. I wonder how many other "gifts" (aside from cash) are accepted without a blink of an eye.

Could old 4-P not afford to buy his own ticket? HAH!

The Liberalator