“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Lazy Days

Seeing how few posts we've had here at PTS over the past couple of weeks I would argue that the doldrums of summer must already be upon us. The months since the presidential election have left me feeling politically burned out and unmotivated to write. As such, I thought I would try something different and start a thread for people to offer up suggestions for things to do with family and friends in our neck of the woods this summer. It is easy to think of the Amarillo area as being rather dull, but the fact is there are quite a few things to do around here...if you know about them. So, let me start off the thread by recommending El Tropico, a paleteria (ice cream shop) at 1111 E. Amarillo Blvd. They make the best ice cream and sherbets I've had anywhere and a stop there is well worth the time it takes us to drive half-way across town, especially at the end of a hot summer day.