“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Saturday, March 06, 2010

For those who know Bruce Beck

I have been asked by Tanya Beck to convey to Bruce's friends that his condition is more grave than she thought earlier this week. Bruce had a seizure and fell out of bed last night, breaking his wrist and cutting his left eye. He was admitted to Baptist St. Anthony's Hospital this morning and is expected to go to home hospice tomorrow.

While the oncologist has tried to hold out hope so Bruce would keep fighting, the doctor said today that the brain has shifted, in part due to swelling.

Tanya would like to sell one of their cars, a 2008 Toyota (I think Camry) for $13,900 (23K miles). So, one way you can help is pass the word on a well-maintained car being available.

Otherwise, thoughts and prayers are the only things we can think of now. I will keep folks informed as I finds out more.