“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Thursday, December 16, 2004

I'd Take the Mouse

Mary Chumbley, frequent con$ervative contributer to the AGN's opinion page, had a real gem printed earlier this week. Her assertion that Bush isn't responsible in any way for the deaths of our troops in Iraq is false. While Bush isn't directly responsible he is the Commander in Chief and it was on his orders that our soldiers were put into harm's way. Chumbley then blames Clinton for 9/11 under the assumption that Clinton didn't do enough to stop al Qaeda. Actually, using that kind of twisted logic you could lay the blame on the Reagan Administration since they supported bin Laden and al-CIA-duh's terrorist war against the Soviets in Afghanistan. Chumbley goes on to say that "liberal loons" "would vote for Mickey Mouse if he ran as a Democrat." While I don't consider myself a loon I can't argue with the rest of her comment. Had the last election been between a goofy cartoonish character with a curious speech impediment and Mickey Mouse, I definitely would have gone with the mouse.