“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Why?

Why is the mere idea that Howard Dean could be head of the DNC so frightening to some?

A prominent local Democrat (though that is, of course, an oxymoron out here in the West Texas desert) recently e-mailed an off-hand statement to the whole entire world to the effect that Dean would have to learn to keep his mouth shut.

Come again? Keep his mouth shut? Why is that, exactly? Is Ari Fleischer now posing as a West Texas Democrat?

It's not so much that I'm a Dean supporter (though I did wear the orange hat). It's that we JUST LOST THE FREAKIN' "BIGGEST ELECTION OF OUR LIFETIMES" to a freakin' moron who is gleefully destroying everything we stand for-- and that means we really need to do some fast soul-searching and quickly look at every-freakin'-option. It's no time for caution, no time for wimpiness, no time for politicasusual.

I don't know if Dean is the answer or not. I do know that "keeping our mouths shut" has not worked, is not working, and will not work.

SPACEDARK