“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Friday, February 10, 2006

there they go again

There's this wild story going around that the Emperor W has pointed to a four-year-old thwart of a terrorist plot as proof of the need for domestic spying. Let me get this straight. Obviously, this plot was kept secret in 2002 for a reason. Surely the Emperor has been protecting us from knowledge of this plot.

And there is no new reason to release this dangerous information. So why are we hearing about it now? The only reason for the Emperor to tell us about the plot now would be to save his political arse.

The Emperor has far more integrity than that. He would never knowingly expose us to the dangers of terrorism for political reasons. I mean, his whole presidency has been about protecting his American children.

So I don't believe it for a minute. Surely this story is fabricated, the product of a liberal media out to get the Emperor. Poor Emperor. So much he has to put up with.

spacedark