“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Friday, February 09, 2007

a time to chill

A commenter asks where we all are. For myself, I could offer the excuse that I have been moving, without internet access, and sick with this Captain Trips nonsense that has been closing schools across Texas. But what possible use is the truth in cyberspace?

No, the real reason, the made-up reason, we have disappeared recently is that we all all dead. I am, in fact, blogging this from Hell. I'd blog more, but the access down here sucks. That, and I have to use a freaking Pentium, fer chrissakes.

The end, when it came, was sudden and random. We were collatorial damage in the recent blogger wars. We were hit by a stray comment and never had a chance. It was, it goes without saying, friendly fire, but isn't it all when the progressive netroots turns on itself and starts eating? What really hurts is that we weren't even important enough for someone to try to kill us.

It's a good time for a reboot. Or even a reformat.

spacedark