“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Thursday, January 31, 2008

it must have seemed like a slam dunk

What is so fascinating about sitting around watching a bunch of pituitary cases stuff a ball through a hoop? ~Woody Allen, Annie Hall



(CANYON, TEXAS) At my first alma mater, which I attended as a freshman and sophomore and where I learned to think, retired bishops and faculty members are making one last stand to stop the Bush library from being built there.

But it will probably be built anyway, just a couple of blocks from the street my roommate and I used to block off with stolen orange pylons so we could sell parking spaces during basketball games at Moody Coliseum.

Meanwhile, my second alma mater-- West Texas A&M-- recently received word that Barack Obama was interested in making an appearance on campus.

I don't have a link here, just a very reliable source that the university refused Senator Obama because his appearance conflicted with a campus event.

A basketball game, in fact.

As we learned back in 1987, basketball fans aren't so hard to redirect. Surely their game could have been put off for an hour or a day or so to give the university community the chance to hear a Presidential candidate.

spacedark