“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

New Media, Genius, Music

This youtube of a kid named Michael Gregory using autotune software and video clips from tv put to pop, (and editing himself in!), amazed me this AM. Just watch:

The Katie Couric part was waaaay cool. This just makes me wonder how the next 30 years' media will be delivered to us.

Newspapers, aside from making stupid business decisions, just by nature cannot be personalized.

The next gen of potential buyers of the media we grew up with can use techie software, high powered computers, and is accustomed to tweaking mpeg4, audio, quicktime, to bring out their creative side, such as Michael. Also using phones to use personal media editing and view only what they want.

Is m y generation (Gen X) going to be ridiculed by my kids? Probably, (My Dad still reads magazines! LOL Nerd!)

TIVO, is another great example as well. I record kiddie shows, and forward past the commercials with the kids. The other day my daughter was mesmerized by a 5 minute stretch of barbie, my little pony, strawberry shortcake commercials while I was making dinner and forgot to zip past.

So with the Gen Y, and Gen Z, being targeted for ad dollars, what will that look like?

Just interesting.

-Prodigal Son