“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Thursday, December 15, 2005

sexual abuse of the mentally handicapped? bring it on, sez Alito

I've told y'all before that I have a relative with a learning disability who has had a hard time finding and keeping work, despite the fact that she is very willing to work. It's so important our family that be able to work that I've even been willing to give Wal-Mart a conditional, half-hearted pass because a local store has employed her and treats her well, so far.

You'll also notice that I haven't written anything about Judge Alito. I've been sure that he was quite dreadful, but hadn't seen anything to convince me that he was any worse than anyone else the Bush administration would create in their dark labs from the collected body parts of the dead.

So I've remained an Alito agnostic. Until now.

SPACEDARK