“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

ghosts of halloweens past




Think I must be cursed. I'd love to have trick-or-treaters but never do-- despite the fact that I've decorated, have candy, have the door wide open and have old Ministry and The Cure playing on the stereo. No kids ever show.

Think it must have something to do with that longago Halloween in college. I assumed no one would trick-or-treat my apartment right by the college in University Park, Dallas, so I bought no candy. I was studying for a Poly Sci class when the knock on the door with the eager faces came. I had nothing. So I shrugged, dropped the copy of the Communist Manifesto I was reading into an outstretched plastic pumpkin, smiled maniacally, and closed the door.

spacedark