“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Thursday, December 20, 2007

People I Like, that are not assholes, that I would like to meet, that I may have met but don't remember -- In Amarillo

I thought about writing about more Amarillo assholes but decided that my level of rage has dwindled. Blind violent neocon jerks can all sit around and stew in their hatred of Muslims, Immigrants, Homosexuals, and basically anything not white upper class prosperity evangelical America for the rest of their sad lives without my help. Instead, since it's Christmas I'm going to write about some people I haven't met -- unless I met them and just have such a post 70's brain I can't remember. Here is a profile of one person I think I might like from Amarillo. Hopefully since I might have some time over the holidays there will be more.

Pat Childs -- I don't have a picture of Pat, but I imagine she's a motherly type. I can see her with arms outstretched gathering her grandchild into her arms, giggling as the baby smiles. I like Pat because she realizes why many Iraqis dislike America so much. She understands that no war that sends a quarter of a country's population scrambling for the border is winnable.
Pat also seems to know that there is something seriously wrong with George W. Bush, maybe it's dyslexia. She's smart enough to understand how the greed driven Neocon Bush has fought tooth and nail to line the pockets of industrialists while laying waste to every ecological system where a dime might be made. She even had the foresight to understand that the arrogant bully Bush was scamming our nation into the invasion of Iraq.

Merry Xmas and a very Happy New Year Pat.