“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Amarillo Globe-Republican Ghostly VoiceTM says I'm a bad parent

...and probably many of you, too:

Voters need to keep in mind that this latest smoking ban is aimed primarily at restaurants and bars, not day cares and public schools.

Such establishments, especially bars, are no place for children - smoking or not.
I see that the Ghostly VoiceTM refers "especially" to bars, and at least I don't make a practice of taking Spacedark, Jr. to Cassidy's. But the Ghost is clearly referring to all establishments included in the proposed ban-- including restaurants.

And I've taken Spacedark, Jr. with me to restaurants since he was a baby.

In fact, we're involved with a group from my church that meets at Leal's-- a restaurant, mind you!-- regularly on Friday nights-- and brings about a dozen kids along with them.

Horrors! I even know people from the same church that bring their children along with them to eat in restaurants immediately after the Sunday sermon.

They must not have been listening too good, huh, Ghost?

Call Child Protective Services on every parent in the freaking city, Ghost. Go ahead, I dare you.


spacedark