“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Friday, February 29, 2008

Disillusioned in Amarillo

I was planning on supporting Sen. Obama in the upcoming Texas primary, but then I read this LTE in today's Globe-Republican:

What an insult to the American people for Barack Obama's name to be on the ballot for president.

Remember the Pied Piper? Obama is playing his flute, smiling all the way to the river.

Don't expect any life rafts thrown to you from patriotic Americans.

God bless America.

Sandy Lofgren
Fritch
Wow, how can I defend my position against such a detailed and poignant smack-down? In fact, how can I believe in anything at this point? All I can do now is write a letter of my own. I'm sure it will get printed:
Dear Globe-Republican,

What an insult to the American people for John McCain's name to be on the ballot for president. He is going to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. Go USA!

blogarillo