“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Gannett Republican News

My hometown paper is owned by Gannett, someone remind me who pulls the strings at AGR?

Anyh0o, two things struck me this am. First:
Gannett 4th-quarter profit falls 31 percent
Newspaper advertising revenue fell 12.2%, while broadcasting revenue declined 21.7%. Advertising revenue at USA Today fell 16.7%. Gannett's fiscal fourth quarter consisted of one less week this year than in the year-earlier period.

And second this great analysis by Jon Talton at his blog on why newspapers are in decline. It's good reading. What's really wrong with newspapers

For myself, South Carolina consistently votes 40-45% democratic, but you would never know it reading the Greenville Republican News.

When I am not getting what I need from something I am paying to get, I . . . you know. . . drop it.

If these papers would come back toward us libs on the opinion page, and provide more NEWS that is not slanted or written by Nedra Pickler (R) from the AP, maybe more people would subscribe.

Start by put Doonesbury on the editorial page again dumbasses.

Love,

-Prodigal Son