“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy Phony Conservative Outrage Day!

Get your tea bags out!

Update II:

Some random thoughts on the rally:

The wind and wind-related noise made it almost impossible to hear the speakers while hanging around on the edges, which is where I stayed. I honestly have no idea what they said.

I was only there for about 20-30 minutes. People seemed well-behaved. If anything ugly happened I didn't witness it. Plenty of hateful remarks to be heard, but nothing threatening.

The crowd was was very, if not totally, white and probably skewed slightly to 50+ in age.

Most of the signage was directed at Obama and the Democrats, though there were a few calling out both parties. I didn't see any singling out the Republicans.

There were probably a fair number of people there who just turned out to see what would happen. A lot of people left about the time I did. For the most part it was boring and I should have stuck with my original plan of going to the gym during lunch.

Update:

Pics from the local No-We-Don't-Get-The-Irony-Of-Bitching-About-Taxes-While-Demonstrating-On-Government-Property-Paid-For-With-Taxes Rally: