“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Saturday, May 22, 2004

The Ties That Divide

In a earlier post, I commented that I was internally debating whether to abuse columnist Debbie Daniel in this blog. Her column is printed in a Panhandle newspaper, but she is based out of San Marcos.

Actually, the information I originally cited had her based out of San Marcus, but, since the only San Marcus I can google is a nude resort, I'm guessing that's a typo.

Especially after reading her bio at a squalid little place called the "American Daily News & Commentary." I learned that Ms. Daniel majored in Psychology and Religious Education, served as a youth church choir director, and made a country gospel album entitled The Old Country Church.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

But Church Lady Daniel also writes columns like "Hatred: The Weapon That Destroys!" in which she-- ironically-- hatefully attacks liberals with statements like these:

So, Johnny Boy, put your medals back in the box, we’re not having “show and tell” now.


and . . .

[Ted Kennedy is] a pitiful sight, but we just let him screech on; he’s a defiant buffoon, but a weapon nonetheless.


and . . .

[Y]es, I question John Kerry’s patriotism. Every time he feels it’s being challenged, he huffs and puffs. Why, our network newscasters won’t even wear American flag pins for fear it will offend someone. So, indeed I challenge their patriotism, too . . . no matter how loud they cry.


I'm not even sure these are the worst examples.

And this is why I have chosen to abuse Debbie Daniel in the Panhandle Truth Squad. Everyday in Flyover Country we have to deal with "Godly Christians" who couldn't turn the other cheek if they were stuck in a revolving door. Who couldn't Love Their Enemy even if their enemy was a real hottie wearing the latest concoctions from the cover of Maxim. Who are convinced that Jesus is a Republican and Geo. Bush is his running mate.

Debbie Daniel's just one example of this mentalitity, but, dude, she's a really bad example.

SPACEDARK