“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Short Version

Well, I'll soon be back posting political, but first a word about my absence from posting.  In the process of a move, I changed Internet providers.  I won't say to which company, but they go by initials that stand for nothing.  This isn't a fly-by-night company, it's a very big and old company.  I was supposed to be hooked up last Thursday, but that didn't happen.  Three separate technicians were sent to my apartment to "fix" the problem.  That's appropriate because, in setting up my service, at least three separate major mistakes were made.  The techs helped only in the same sense as a three-year-old when he says "I help."  That is to say, not at all.  But I am finally back online-- sort of.  My e-mail still isn't working because the site for the company I won't mention by name is down, but when I am able to receive mail, my e-mail will be my screen name at sbcglobal.net.  Oops-- did I give it away?

SPACEDARK