“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Monday, October 25, 2004

Far Too Little, Far Too Late

This post is untimely because I was in Las Cruces attending the Kerry rally, about which I will post soon. But upon my return at 5:00 this morning I glanced through the accumulated AGNs on my front porch. And what to my wondering eyes should appear but a front page article headlined "High-tech voting raises key concerns." There was also a very nice diagram describing the vulnerabilities of such tech.

Dude! Good article placement! But that was front-page news, oh, like three years ago.

Reward good behavior. Tell the Globe-News editors that they did the right thing by highlighting this all-important issue on the front page. Send your letter back through a time warp to 2001 when something maybe could have been done about it!

This is a microcosm of the entire media's ball-dropping on this issue, which has been all over the "internets" for literally years. Newsweek also waited until last week to put this mother-of-all-threats-to-democracy on its cover. But we're a panhandle blog, and it's our mission to point out that our beloved Globe-News joined the media herd in this latest and greatest screwing-over of us all.

SPACEDARK