“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Just a-Swangin'

Panhandle Truth Squad's resident troll accuses me of dreaming when I ask where the swingers are in New Mexico. In fact, s/he states, there are plenty of swingers-- wingers, even-- in southern and rural New Mexico. I too expected as much, figuring that western New Mexico would be more like Texas. But returning through Las Vegas, I still saw only Kerry signs.

But, of course, I was just asking a question. Lawn signs and bumper stickers are no way to predict an election's outcome. Of course, neither is polling, this year. The truth is no one knows.

I am told through sources more reliable than anonymous trolls that Farmington, Artesia, and dreadful little Hobbs are solidly behind Bush-Cheney. Hm. Could that have anything to do with this?

SPACEDARK