“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

the bard predicts the bush

I meant to post this last year when I taught Hamlet, but I never got around to it. So enjoy, from Claudius's soliloquy:

In the corrupted currents of this world,
Offense's gilded hand may shove by justice,
And oft 'tis seen the wicked prize itself
Buys out the law. But 'tis not so above . . .
John Lennon put it slightly differently:
Instant Karma's gonna get you.
And freeper1271 said it like this:
Halliburton rules OK!
SPACEDARK