“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Saturday, January 15, 2005

What it Means to be Liberal

Great post on Dailykos CLICK HERE This guy nails it!

Some beauts . . .

I believe the military is there to protect the country, not to be aggressors and remove fundamental rights from others on this planet.

I believe every person has the right to knowledge (i.e. a good education)

I believe in teaching these rights in school.

I believe every corporation has the duty to ensure their workers are paid equitably and are able to afford to live a relatively good life and purchase the products they sell (ala Henry Ford).

I believe the media should tell the truth, not just what the people in positions in authority want us to hear.

I believe in one person, one vote.

I believe prisoners can be rehabilitated.

I believe knowledge is power and that you should be deeply suspicous of anyone who trys to suppress information, regardless of party affiliation.

Can I get a "HELL YEAH!"

-Prodigal Son