“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Does a Blog Have to be On Line?

I've got nothing against this medium we're using here, but as a political forum, the objective has to be to reach the largest possible audience. I'm not suggesting we stop doing what we're doing, but I think it's time to think about the possibility of expanding our effort by putting this into print. The blog at truthout seems to be coming to that view, and I've heard this elsewhere too. Seems to me that the two media could be complementary, because people who don't know about the blog can be attracted through a newspaper, and new bloggers can also write newspaper columns. The fact is that a lot of folks will sit down and read a newspaper, but aren't used to scrolling through blogs for hours. And putting out something that competes directly with the Globe Republican is just a necessity. This is something we should talk about, in person, if possible.

DEMOPHOENIX