“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Protest in Najaf

Why can't we get a straight story dammit? How many people were at the anti-US rally in Najaf on the 10th? According to the army only about 5000 to 7000 attended. Unfortunately for the army no one else seems to agree with that number. Seems the protesters choked a 7 mile stretch of road, a fact left out of the army reports. In fact everyone, including the Washington Post, The New York Times, Al Jazeera, and Reuter's all seem to think the numbers were in the tens of thousands. I'm sickened by the fu(*&^en lies told by the military and the Bush administration. I suppose the army lowballed the numbers so Republicans can still fool themselves into thinking the Iraqis actually want us there. Even so this seems incredibly stupid. I mean they have photographs of the rally and there are obviously way more than 7000 people there. I WISH I DIDN'T GET IT BUT I DO...AAAAAAGHHHHH!!!!