“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Chapter 587: In Which All Is Possible and I Finally Agree with Dav* H*nry. Sort Of.

No, I haven't gone soft and Republican now that I'm married. And Dav* H*nry certainly could've found something better to reference than the archaic and boring "Our Gang."

But we should give our old adversary a Scooby Snack for stepping up to the precipice of criticizing his corporate bosses. In today's column, he all but admits that the Amarillo Globe-Republican has focused way, way, way too much on pit bull attacks.

Don't get me wrong. I'm scared shitless of my new father-in-law's pit bull, but that's my problem. When Chili Pepper crawls up into my lap, she's only trying to be friendly.

H*nry sez:

  • "'Dog bites man' didn't use to be news, but when it is a pit bull doing the biting, stop the presses."
  • He quotes Mike McGee, Amarillo's director of Animal Control as saying, "This whole thing about the pit bull is blown out of proportion. That's my personal opinion."
  • And he even does research, pointing out that "From 1994-2005, the city received at least 25,547 calls a year (that in 1994), with a high of 37,617 in 2005. With that number of calls, one call a day pertaining to a particular dog breed doesn't seem that high."
Sadly, this is as far as it goes.

While Dav* never has any problem damning the torpedoes when he criticizes liberals and Democrats, he simply doesn't have the balls to be so aggressive in criticizing his corporate bosses or the city of Amarillo.

He avers that "the local media coverage of pit bulls is fair and understandable," and that "the pit bull backlash is understandable," and concludes with a whiny-ass but "that's not the dog's fault".

On second thought: Sorry, Dav*. I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt. But you just don't deserve it.

spacedark