“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Friday, February 29, 2008

Amarillo Respects

It was great meeting so many PTS bloggers in person at the drinking liberally a week ago at the fancy dancy wine place. The spouses of same and new faces all around, and an old high school associate.

It was also great to see brother of spacedark, still with an unchanged tiny evil glint in his eye.

I also went with my Pop to the democratic meeting on Monday. over 100+ people showed up, and by passing the hat around they raised $186 to pay the library for a meeting room. $40 per get-together so $160 month. They had some poli-sci profs speak. One called dubya Forest Gump!

But what made me most proud was how organized the party was. New people coming to see what this democratic surge is all about did not wander into a cluster!@#$, but a well-organized, well-lead organization where they could be sent into the trenches with full support.

I could not have been prouder. Now on to defeating Mac Thornwhittenmarshbivins! And get your a**es and $$ to them a-meetins'.

-Prodigal Son