“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

How to be the Majority Party: Part 5623


Good GAWD, this morning;

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid yielded to Republican threats and agreed on Monday not to immediately seat fellow Democrat Al Franken, whose razor-close victory in Minnesota faces legal challenges."

Anytime the phrase, "yielded to Republican threats" is mentioned in the lazy press concerning our supposed leadership, I yell out F@#*! Scares the cats on the couch in my office, though.

Are we the majority party now, or what?! And seriously . . . can someone give me an example of when Democrats were nice to Rethugs, and they responded back with kindness . . . anyone? anyone?

-Prodigal Son