“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Trolls

My column in this week's Indy discussed the problem of trolling.

I outlined some of the background and then pointed out that someone was posting to the AGN Web site under a false name — pretending to be the head of RepentAmarillo, David H. Grisham.

I explain in the column that someone e-mailed me at the Indy and admitted it. Funny, too, that it was "normrock2112@yahoo.com," who didn’t answer my e-mail when I wrote him asking him to unmask himself.

The last time I wrote about the Internet and local boards and blogs, I got kicked off another board. I doubt that will happen here.

I’d like to thank Spacedark for helping me with the column, by pointing me to the New York Times Magazine story on trolling and for the moral support.