“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Saturday, August 07, 2004

Litmus Test: Are You Now or Have You Ever Been Diverse?

This morning, our Amarillo Globe-News, among others, reprinted a lovely little op-ed by wingnut Michelle Malkin. Malkin advocates against the mythological Liberal Media and demands more "diversity" in journalism (by which she means even more conservatives in journalism). Strangely, her advocacy includes the administration of a "Malkin Media Diversity Test." Test-takers must answer "yes" or "no" to the following statements:

1. I have never voted for a Democrat in my life.
9. I oppose gay marriage.
11. I believe racial profiling at airports is common sense.
16. I eat meat.
19. I cry when I hear "Proud To Be an American" by Lee Greenwood.
20. I don't believe The New York Times.

There are many more entries, some crudely stereotyping a la Mallard Fillmore ("I do not believe the phrase 'a chink in the armor' is offensive"), some demanding absolute cultural conformity in order to be considered "diverse" ("I shop at Wal-Mart"). And, Malkin insinuates, test-takers must receive a perfect score to be pass and be diverse like her. Say what?

Who is this "Michelle Malkin"? Check out this entry from The Blogging of the President.

SPACEDARK