“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Maundy Thursday

As the Christian Holy Week reaches its climax, I have songs and scenes of redemption on my mind. Try to stay with me here. First, queue up some Bob Marley on the ole iPod:

Won't you help to sing
These songs of freedom
'Cause all I ever had
Redemption song

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery
None but ourselves can free our minds
Next, watch the end of Return of the Jedi:
Darth Vader: Luke, help me take this mask off.
Luke: But you'll die.
Darth Vader: Nothing can stop that now. Just for once, let me look on you with my own eyes.
Now go read today's column by Dave Henry.

SPACEDARK