“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Thursday, March 31, 2005

what your former city manager thinks of you

Former City Manager John Ward (AGN, 3/31/05):

Fact is, Ward said, people rarely participate even when meetings move into the larger Commission Chambers, unless an item on the agenda directly affects them.

"I think the key is, does anybody care about what's on the agenda?" Ward said. "If they don't care enough to come to the public meeting, they're sure as heck not going to come to the work session."

It's not that we don't care, Mr. Ward. It's that we have jobs.