“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Thursday, July 07, 2005

We Are Britain

Today is terrible. Mass murder in London. May the wings of angels speed those on the path to glory. May those injured find healing and grace. As well for the families of same.

I have family in London right now, (wife's cousin and husband. Both teachers.) and no news is good news, how are they, Lord please shut up the talking heads, and get us some news.

So many other blogs are doing a better job, so I will let 'em have at it . . .
_____________

But I gotta say I am mad. No, I am pi**ed. This could happen to us again here.

Iraq as flypaper? utter boolsheet. CLICK HERE

Bush admin crippled Britain's anti-terror effort in 2004 CLICK HERE and HERE

Bush's policies are making us LESS safe. Terrorism has increased CLICK HERE

Another example? Bush is cutting the coast guard CLICK HERE

And my last point? If we have another attack, where the f*** is the national guard? IN IRAQ! How thin are they?

Bush has had 4 years to get us ready. His priorities? Tax cuts. Piratization of social security. More tax breaks. Rebuilding Iraq (Right!). Getting our troops armored humvees (Right!).

Keeping our borders safe? Keeping our chemical and nuke plants safe? Keeping our ports safe? What do you think PTS'ers? feel safer?

More thoughts after I have cooled down a tad . . .

-Prodigal Son