“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Friday, June 09, 2006

governor? not so much. but she is an early front-runner for the cover of texas monthly's year-end "bum steer awards" issue

Say what you like about Chris Bell, the man's not afraid to go out on a limb. In perhaps the boldest statement yet made in the gubernatorial campaign, Bell stated that Carole Keeton R’ander Strayhorn McInerney Shaw had reached the "high-water mark for absurdity in Texas politics" with her request that she be placed on the ballot under the appellation “Grandma”. Oh, my. That’s saying a lot.

How many names does one person need?

It doesn’t matter. Carole Whatever won’t fool me. My grandma’s in Nebraska—and she would’ve run as a Democrat.

spacedark