“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Why Conservatives Can't Govern

I've had the idea of a post with the premise that conservatives can't govern competently. The mantra from conservatives is private industry does it better and government should all but disappear. The cynic in me whispers they purposely underfund and mismananage just to prove that point. Alan Wolfe at Washington Monthly has a great article, saying it much better than I ever could.

Why Conservatism Can't Govern