“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Amarillo A-hole of the week


In my never ending quest to identify then -- hopefully -- annoy the delusional partisan forces of Amarillo I hearby bequeath the title of Amarillo A-hole of the week upon Mr. Ricky Pfeil (pronounced Piffle I believe). In case you missed his recent essay in the Globe News, let me summarize.
Mr. Pfeil...
1. Failed to recognize that Arlen Specter left the Republican party because Limbaugh and his group have declared war on all moderate thinkers within the party. He doesn't know it but Specter probably won't be the last. Can you say Ah-nuld!!
2. Thinks that the root word Neo means "new" when it's applied to words like conservative or Christian. Doesn't know that Neo actually means "nutty" when used in those settings. He also doesn't know that he is both a Neoconservative and a NeoChristian.
3. Believes that Christians should help people but doesn't think government should be the way people help people. But in the next paragraph, he tells us 80 to 90 percent of all Americans believe in God and want his word to guide our government's actions. Confusing? You bet. Ricky seems to believe that we should follow God's laws in our governance but shouldn't follow God's policies in practice.
4. Thinks liberals are...shudder...humanists. Stop me if I'm wrong but isn't a humanist someone that believes humans should treat one another humanely? Uh Jesus Christ...ever heard of him Ricky? The woman at the well? The prostitute and the whole casting the first stone story? Healing the sick? I can't speak for Jesus but I think there is at least a chance that he was/is a humanist too.
5. Seems able to do something that I thought only God could do. He claims the ability to see into another men's hearts. He seems to know that liberals only pay lip service to their Christian faith. He also seems to know that Bill Clinton is just a big phony.

Wow... Ricky you really earned your award. You are truly worthy of the title "Amarillo A-hole of the Week".