“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Sunday, May 31, 2009

of specks and logs in eyes


I'm not always sure that politicians' personal lives are fair game. Nor are any of us, myself least of all, perfect.

But Panhandle Truth Squad has never pretended to be fair.

And I have to say, perhaps if Republican blowhards Newt Gingrich and Rush Limbaugh had taken even one of their wives on a few more date nights, they might have fewer than seventy-five marriages between them.

More relevant, perhaps, is this: New York is a hella lot closer to D.C. than Crawford. By this point in his presidency, W had flown to Central Texas three times, and was well on his way to vacationing away one-third of his two terms.

If their outrage has to be this contrived, the Republicans really do have no issues. No political issues, I mean. "Issues" in the colloquial sense, they obviously have.

spacedark