“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Snatching Defeat From the Jaws of Victory

This recent Onion article seems especially relevant in light of the lack of support Sen. Russ Feingold is getting from fellow Dems to censure the President:

Democrats Vow Not To Give Up Hopelessness

The late Bill Hicks once joked that a new President is always pulled into a room filled with corporate scumbags who then show him a film of the Kennedy assasination from an angle that nobody has ever seen before. The nervous new President then responds "What do ya'll want me sign?" Times like this make me wonder if there may be some truth to the idea that there is some shadowy, X-Files-like cigarette smoking man who is actually running the show. I almost hope that is the case, because the alternative is just pathetic.

The Rude Pundit weighs in: Message To Democrats: Supporting Feingold Is the Path To Enlightenment