“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Friday, May 12, 2006

in which I speak too soon, yet again

Last month, I described 32% as "rock bottom" for the Emperor W's popularity. Guess I spoke too soon.

Surely, by this point everyone who would abandon the Emperor has abandoned him. Surely that 29% is rock bottom. Surely that 29% would (and will) follow the Emperor into Hell itself.

Whoops, spoke too soon, again. This poll was taken before the NSA-spying story broke.

And to think, back in June, 2004, I was gloating over 42%.

spacedark