“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

keeping it real(ity-based), lesson 42

I was in El Paso over the weekend and missed the hullabaloo over Karl Rove's indictment, or "indictment," depending on whom you believe, but as I understand the situation:

1. Jason Leopold and Truthout are standing by the story,
2. Which has not been independently confirmed anywhere else, and
3. Leopold's past credibility has been impugned, but, of course,
4. He's not (or shouldn't be) the story.

I've read Truthout in the past. I particularly enjoy William Rivers Pitt. I think he's a good writer. This story's a big one and they knew it and know it. If they got it wrong and Rove's not indicted-- even if he's not yet indicted-- I won't rely on them as even as alternative news source. Simple as that.

I only hope that dysblogtopia1 will similarly adjust their viewpoints and news sources if the report turns out to be true.

spacedark

1skippy coined the term "blogtopia," for which he incessantly takes credit. I'm coining the term dysblogtopia (which does not, spelled or misspelled, appear on any google search) to refer to the right-wing blogosphere.