“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Friday, July 25, 2008

Fallout

Gotta tell ya, I cannot wait for the new fallout3 game to hit the shelves this fall. Check out the hilarious E3 promo video.





Frikkin' great! That oldie "Dear Hearts and Gentle People" Lawrence Welk-inspired tune playing while you blast mutatated, poverty stricken, and starving former humans, in a rusty nuclear wasteland once known as home, COOL!

Who gives a sheeeet? As a 10-13 year old with no car, no job (Taco Bell on Ross-Osage was a couple of years away) I had plenty of time to hang with the chums and play role-playing games. Waaaayyyy before the Atari 2600 took over my life.



Anyhoo . . . my fav put out was Gamma World by TSR. Kinda along the same lines as Fallout 3, only using paper, pen, and an overactive imagination powered by Star Trek reruns, Blade Runner, Mad Max, Tascosa salsa and chips, and a dash of Thundarr the Barbarian. Holy f**k, was I lucky I got married . . .

Thinking back, nuclear annihilation from the Reds was a threat hanging over us kids because of Pantex. Remember the nuclear drills? I sure as hell do. So why the fun in such a terrible situation?

I dunno . . . interesting to put yourself in the survival situation. Even now as a family guy, makes you wonder how you would react/make do.

-Prodigal Son