“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Boo, Hoo!

I could hardly contain my tears Monday (October 6th) when I listened to Dick Fuld (Lehman CEO) talk about how badly he felt about Lehman Brothers collapsing. He's had to struggle to live on $480 million this decade, and he's had to slum it in his $7 million Greenwich estate with just eight bedrooms, tennis court, pool and indoor squash court; his vacation home on Jupiter Island in Florida ($14 mil); a ski home in Vermont; a Sun Valley, Idaho home; and a 16 room full floor apartment on Park Avenue ($21 mil) still undergoing $10 million dollars in renovations. And the poor guy has had to put his $20 million dollar art collection up for sale! He sadly said he didn't get any severance pay or golden parachute. Mr. Fuld concluded "I can look at you [the congressional committee] and say, this is a pain that will stay with me the rest of my life, regardless of what comes out of this committee, and regardless of what the record-book will say when it’s finally written.”

And then today I read that the American International Group (AIG) executives, after receiving their $85 billion bailout and an additional $32.8 billion, went on an outing to the exclusive coastal St. Regis resort in California with catered banquets, golf outings and visits to the spa to the tune of $440,000 and were planning another in months to come! Poor guys. They really need your and my money!

Liberalator