“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Joe FlurblePlumber

Who? Yeah, me too. I had not seen the video of "Plumber Joe Wurzelbacher" on the intertubes, so when it came up on the debate recaps, I admit I had no idea who this dude was.

I was on a plane during the last debate, but this Joe guy was blabbed about by Grampy McCrankypants over and over, and it set off my BS detector big time. Here is the vid of him confronting Obama.



I thought Barack did a good job explaining, but as they say here in the south, "If some people don't know, you can't tell 'em."

Some news for Joe and others who have bought the boolsheet McSame is feeding them:

I'm not a CPA, so I called mine about Joe, and she stated that he could probably operate the business he says wants to buy as an S Corp or maybe an LLC. That Corporate entity would be paying taxes on profit. Not on gross receipts.

Joe personally, would probably never show over $250K in income. His CPA would shield him from any tax hits by having him buy deductible assets.

McCain is making up stories to scare the average working person, who needs education about basic money management and financial issues.

Next stop "Joe the Plumber" vs. "Joe Six Pack" LIVE on UFC!

-Prodigal Son
_______________

UPDATE: So let's see. Joe the Plumber is not registered to vote. Joe the Plumber admits he makes much less than $250k (To Katie on CBS) so will in fact pay less taxes under Obama than under McCain. Joe keeps railing on Obama. Joe the Plumber's dad is a big Republican donor. Can this story get any more stoopid? -P.S
_______________

UPDATE DEUCE: Per Texas Moderate, Joe Plumber is a Repub. HERE. Undecided voter? Yeah, right . . . -P.S.