“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Fox News Triumvir Glenn Beck seeks to cash in with 9-12 project

Piecing together the heirarchy of Republican leadership isn't difficult. At the top sits the granddaddy of them all, Rush LImbaugh. Below him entroned upon their Foxnews comfy chairs sit a triumvirate of leaders, one third of which is Glenn Beck (can you guess the other two?). Beck recently revealed his new website the 9-12 project. This cliche ridden document reads like some sort of misguided mishmash of religion and rudimentary Nationalism.
Here is the list
1. America is Good -- Okay Glenn I think most folks in the country are good and mean well. This is just Beck appealing to the uber patriot right wing mentality. Later on he says it's okay to criticize America.

2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my life. Yes but should we be mixing our politics with our religion Glenn?

3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday. Okay why don't you start with a little honesty regarding the war on terror and the war in Iraq. We attacked a country and killed thousands and rendered millions homeless and you guys still chant about how that war was effective. By destroying Iraq, torturing it's citizens, and plundering it's resources we've increased the terrorism problem exponentially. Get real...be honest.

4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority not the government. Yes Glenn you are the ultimate authority in your own home in matters of family. Beyond that? Well you are one of the triumvirate of Republicans leaders below Rush Limbaugh, so that is a position of some authority I would say. Too bad you use that authority to spout vague and inflammatory bullshit like the 9-12 project.

5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it. Unless you're Karl Rove, or any of the individuals, including George W. Bush who illegaly tortured prisoners. If our ex president were a leader of some Banana Republic in Africa he would almost certainly be on the Hague's list of men to be prosecuted for political crimes.

6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal rights. Yes and working class people have the right to pursue happiness just like rich guys do. That's why I love Obama's decision to return the option of card signing to form unions. Maybe working guys will get to pursue their happiness again instead of seeing their wages stagnate while a small percentage of wealthy grow fatter and fatter

7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable. Yes but the government can force you to pay taxes. We need to fix health care and if the banks fail we could find ourselves very dire circumstances. The party is over pal. Time to pull the teat out of your mouth and recognize that by working together we can make things better for everyone, not just you.

8. It is not Un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion. Glenn I will give you credit. You did stand up for Democrat's right to criticize Bush and I'll allow you to do the same if Obama really does mess up. However isn't it a little early to be declaring every decision Obama makes a huge error. After all the man has been in office all of seven weeks.

9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me. Actually this should be true but we have so many people buffaloed by media nuts that confuse them into voting against their own interests this statement is rather ridiculous.

Bravo Glenn...did you jot this list down during a good long sit on the crapper?