“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Saturday, November 05, 2005

If only I could write

I read this on the Harvey Kronberg's The Quorum Report yesterday, and chuckled all day. If only I were clever enough to write like this (dealing with DeLay and the corporations in the stew with him):

"If you were listening closely at the moment Tom Delay was indicted by two Travis Grand Jury panels you’d have heard a collective squeaking sound as the sphincters of corporate powerhouses all over Texas gained uncomfortable purchase on their leather executive chairs. While that moment may in no way diminish the importance of cash in Texas politics, it sure as hell will make matters of campaign finance more uncomfortable, complex and fraught with pitfalls for major corporate players in Texas politics."

Beautiful!

The Liberalator