“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into”

Jonathan Swift
___________________________________________________
"The Democrats have moved to the right, and the right has moved into a mental hospital." - Bill Maher
___________________________________________________
"The city is crowded my friends are away and I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go

It's a cruel ... cruel summer"

Friday, November 17, 2006

hellth care

Idiot Glenn Beck says "Imagine getting your health care from the DMV."

I'm sick of this nonsense. You know what?

Whenever I've gone to the Department of Public Safety (what we call the DMV in Texas), I've gotten exactly what I needed: a card that says I can drive.

Not so from our corrupted and wrecked health care system.

Our district changed insurance providers at the beginning of the school year. I was pleased because our old district policy was . . . well, to call it Kafka-esque would imply that there were functionaries and bureaucrats somewhere doing something, if only maneuvering reams of red tape. But there weren't. The system wasn't a brick wall; it was a huge red pile that had once been a brick wall.

A previous employer had used our new provider ten years ago and I had been very happy with their service then.

But no one, no one, in health care provides good service anymore.

Four months and numerous calls into the school year I have yet to get so much as an insurance card.

So, yeah, I'd rather get my health care from the DMV. At least I'd get carded.

spacedark